Illiana Antique Automobile Club
Welcome to the home page of the IAAC.
Thank you for visiting the IAAC web-site. The Illiana Antique Automobile Club is a multi-marque car club established in 1962 and headquartered in Danville, IL. We are celebrating our 50th anniversary this year and planning several special activities this year. The club currently has 100 member families from the central Illinois and Indiana area. As the name implies, the emphsis of the club is is on stock, antique, and special interest automobiles.
This site consists of several pages that can be accessed by clicking on the underlined link at the bottom of this page. Enjoy the ride........
Officers for 2013
- President - Cyril Ostiguy
- First Vice President - Mike Klepp
- Second Vice President - Doug Curley
- Recording Secretary - Shirley Quick
- Cooresponding Secretary - Phyllis Thomas
- Treasurer - Ernie Jorgenson
- Shows - Jim Reuther, Mike Klepp, Rodney Suttle
- Events - Harrold Britt
- Membership - Rodney Suttle
- Publicity - Deb Jorgenson
- Historian - Norma Andrews
- Publications - Sue McFarland & Phyllis Thomas
- Club Advisor - Bill Massey
- Web Master - Mike Klepp
IAAC sponsored Show Schedule for 2013
* IAAC Village Mall Display - Members of the IAAC will be displaying their antique cars and trucks in the Danville Village Mall. Date is May 11th, 2013. Owners and members of the club will be on hand to discuss their vehicles and sign up anyone interested in joining our group. Hope to see you there.
* Art on Wheels - In conjuction with Danville's "Art in the Park" festivities, the IAAC will sponsor an open car show on June 22, 2013 in Lincoln Park. There will be door prizes, 50/50 drawing, awards for the 50 top vehicles, music, food, and some of the nicest cars, trucks, and maybe motorcycles in the area. Registration is 9-11 AM with awards at 3 PM. Shine your ride and bring out to a very shadey Lincoln Park.
* 51st Annual Vermilion River Car Show and Swap Meet - Held in conjuction with Danville's Vermilion River Festival, the IAAC is holding its 51st Annual Car Show and Swap meet on September 21, 2013 show at Ellsworth Park. The show now is really TWO shows that includes rods, customs, as well as stock or restored to stock cars, and trucks. Open show plus 15 stock classes, one for everyone. Registration is 9-11 AM with awards at 3 PM. 50/50, door prizes, music and food available.
Club Meeting Schedule
The IAAC meets the second Thursday of every month (except December) at the Catlin Community Center at 7PM. Meetings last an hour or so and include regular business items as well as reports on recent and upcoming shows, events, tours, and sometimes a show-and-tell or hard luck story. Refreshments are served after the meeting is adjourned. If your are interested in attending a meeting as a guest or joining our club, contact us by clicking on the e-mail link below. We would be happy to have you.
Car of the Month
This month's feature car is owned by Phyllis Thomas. She has loved this car "from-afar" for several years. It was owned by friends and when the owner passed away, the wife offered it to Phyllis. She could not be happier! It is a 1989 Mustang LX Convertible in very nice condition. It has the 5.0 (302) motor and runs sweet. I'm sure we will see her with the top down much of the summer. Nice car Phyllis!