Illiana Antique Automobile Club
Welcome to the home page of the IAAC.
Thank you for visiting the IAAC web-site. The Illiana Antique Automobile Club is a multi-marque car club established in 1962 and headquartered in Danville, IL. The club currently has 100 member families from the central Illinois and Indiana area. As the name implies, the emphsis of the club is is on stock, antique, and special interest automobiles.
This site consists of several pages that can be accessed by clicking on the underlined link at the bottom of this page. Enjoy the ride........
Officers for 2014
- President - Cyril Ostiguy
- First Vice President - Jim Reuther
- Second Vice President - Gary James
- Recording Secretary - Jan Ostiguy
- Cooresponding Secretary - Phyllis Thomas
- Treasurer - Ernie Jorgenson
- Shows - Jim Reuther, Mike Klepp, Rodney Suttle
- Events - Harrold Britt
- Membership - Rodney Suttle
- Publicity - Deb Jorgenson
- Historian - Norma Andrews
- Publications - Sue McFarland & Phyllis Thomas
- Club Advisor - Bill Massey
- Web Master - Mike Klepp
IAAC sponsored Show Schedule for 2014
* Art on Wheels - In conjuction with Danville's "Art in the Park" festivities, the IAAC will sponsor an open car show on June 21st, 2014 in Lincoln Park. There will be door prizes, 50/50 drawing, awards for the 50 top vehicles, music, food, and some of the nicest cars, trucks, and maybe motorcycles in the area. Registration is 9-11 AM with awards at 3 PM. Shine your ride and bring out to a very shadey Lincoln Park.
* 52nd Annual Vermilion River Car Show and Swap Meet - Held in conjuction with Danville's Vermilion River Festival, the IAAC is holding its 51st Annual Car Show and Swap meet on September 20th, 2014 show at Ellsworth Park. The show now is really TWO shows that includes rods, customs, as well as stock or restored to stock cars, and trucks. Open show plus 15 stock classes, one for everyone. Registration is 9-11 AM with awards at 3 PM. 50/50, door prizes, music and food available. See flyer at top of page....
Club Meeting Schedule
The IAAC meets the second Thursday of every month (except December) at the Catlin Community Center at 7PM. Meetings last an hour or so and include regular business items as well as reports on recent and upcoming shows, events, tours, and sometimes a show-and-tell or hard luck story. Refreshments are served after the meeting is adjourned. If your are interested in attending a meeting as a guest or joining our club, contact us by clicking on the e-mail link below. We would be happy to have you.
Car of the Month
Shirley Quick, 81, of Catlin passed away on Feb. 28, 2014, at 12:40 a.m. at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center in Danville. She was born on July 7, 1932, in Danville, the daughter of Eli and Edna Mildred (Hubert) Haurez Jr. Shirley graduated from Danville High School and Danville Area Community College nursing program. She began her career as a surgical nurse at St. Elizabeth Hospital before owning her own swimming pool retail business for over 20 years. She was a member of the Red Hats Society and the Queen’s Counsel. She was the secretary of the Illiana Antique Auto Club for 10 years and a dedicated supporter of the Newport Antique Auto Hill Climb. She enjoyed sewing, puzzles, needlepoint, reading, going to car shows and especially spending time with her grandkids and family.